28 August 2019

The Want List


The Want List 

The desire list,
It is not to be taken in jest.
Money is a dear fancy,
But it went around me prancing.

Its appreciation I crave,
I shall demand it, not so brave!

Recognition, is something yearn,
Until now - it’s like rain on an upturned urn.
Some beautiful dresses I lust after,
To what end, I ask with all the courage I could muster.

A thirst for long thick hair, 
Wonder if it will end as a snare!

An illustrious career is something I pinned for,
Would it have brought about eternal family war?

A serious inclination towards roaming new places,
And end up as one in many jumbles, puzzled, lonely cases.

Even if I could get all my desires covet,
The answer to - would I love myself, would be anybody’s bet?

Or would the list keep growing,
To include everything everyone else is owning!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading.Pleasantly written.Wishlist always grows & priorities generally fulfilled.Need not split the hair for the wants unfulfilled. This is life which keeps one's desire increase & add to the wishlist.You are the owner of your dreams & also achiever of your wish. Let your dreams/wishlist grow to keep you busy to achieve the same.

    ReplyDelete

Did you enjoy reading?

Water you have gone too far

You came uninvited, Walked into my life unexpected, I used to relish your presence, Your warm embracing essence, But now its fear that envel...