06 December 2019

The Child in Me


The Child in Me 

Not so many eons ago,
Gallop and hop was the day’s logo,
Carefree and with delight,
And with steps full of flight.


Anything was possible.
Everything could be set right,
Confidence border usually spilled over,
Alas, the feeling does not last forever.


As adults, comes the realise,
Some tasks near complete, suffice,
Conscious clashes with responsibility,
Feet stay on the earth permanently.


Now you walk a straight line,
With purpose and time,
With age comes grace,
Is it all a passing phase?


Somewhere the child in me fell asleep,
Under scores of social manners heap,
Do I wake him and kindle?
Or do I let him sleep and dwindle?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy reading?

Water you have gone too far

You came uninvited, Walked into my life unexpected, I used to relish your presence, Your warm embracing essence, But now its fear that envel...