08 April 2020

Full Circle


Full Circle 

I am five year old again,
Holding onto dad’s shirt train,
Slinging a bag that would well conceal me,
I am first to buy at the farmer’s meet.

I have come a full circle,
With my share of moods and miracles,
Today I take my kid to farmer’s meets,
To load the bags with fresh feeds.

I remember the aroma of warm bake,
And a box of biscuit as many as one can take,
Now I fill a similar box sitting in a nook,
Reading the recipes from my mother’s book,

Oh! The lovely handiwork decorating each table,
Converting the homes like those found in fables,
How I was convinced I couldn’t be better!
Now my hands move to make dollies prettier.

I helped my father plant seeds,
Grow tomatoes and pull out weeds,
Now I cherish the creepers in my balcony,
Admiring the pumpkin, beans and all other greens in my nursery.

I close my eyes
As I’d like to go back many tides,
To the comfort things,
That’d sooth any of my mood swings.

I open my eyes without any terror,
To a young face that’s my maker’s mirror,
My life has come a full circle,
I take pride in repeating my parents’ every twinkle.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting lines.remembering happy moments of your childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JAYANTHI CHAKRAVARTHY9 April 2020 at 21:35

    nice words to remind that you relive moments of childhood in your kid's life.

    ReplyDelete

Did you enjoy reading?

Water you have gone too far

You came uninvited, Walked into my life unexpected, I used to relish your presence, Your warm embracing essence, But now its fear that envel...